Terminals continue common learning and coordinated improvement of services
In recent years, European intermodal terminal operators have been working together successfully in several projects (amongst others DIOMIS and AGORA) to share experiences, how to improve the capacity, performance, efficiency, quality and profitability of intermodal terminals (“good practices”).
After the expiry of the EU-funding Project AGORA this good collaboration shall be continued in the form of a permanent working group. The name of the working group is “Terminal Interest Group” (synonym: AGORA group).
The objectives of this cooperation include:
- Exchange of „good practices“.
- Standardization of processes (“Quality Label”).
- Development of a standardized set of key performance indicators.
- Exchange of information’s on innovations, definition of technical standards as well as qualification of staff and trainings.
- Networking between participants in intermodal transport
- Raising awareness on the role of terminals in intermodal supply chains;
- Improvement of the availability of market relevant information and the transparency and accessibility of combined transport terminal services for third parties;
- Encouragement of initiatives in the interest of intermodal operators.
- Improvement of data exchange with partners and customers.
- Internet platform (www.intermodal-terminals.eu).
Terminal operators are welcome to contact one of the member companies for further information concerning AGORA membership.
This announcement was released on the AGORA Final Conference in Frankfurt on 9th of November 2010 in the presence of 40 representatives of European intermodal terminals, ministries of transport of Germany, The Netherlands, Switzerland and Slovakia were as well as associations of the intermodal community.